Update on Gulf Islands Waterpark’s 2020 Season
Gulf Islands Waterpark is open for the 2020 season. We look forward to seeing you soon! Our highest priority remains the health and safety of all our team members and guests. Due to COVID-19, there will be several changes in the way we operate this summer.
We will strongly emphasize social distancing throughout the waterpark. Dining tables, loungers and beach chairs will be properly spaced out around all our attractions, and picnic tables are now in the surrounding grass areas. Guests are welcome to bring their favorite beach blanket and umbrella for use in the grass areas as well. While family groups may have fun together, we do ask that all unrelated guests stay at least six feet away from each other as everyone enjoys summertime fun. Cloth Face Coverings are encouraged when in public areas but are not to be worn in the water. Please remember face coverings are most essential in times when physical distancing is difficult. Queue lines for slides will be significantly spaced out in order to meet our social distancing standards. The majority of the queue line for each slide will be on the ground, where guests will stay six feet apart before climbing the stairs to the attraction.
In accordance with Mississippi state regulations, our waterpark will only operate at 50% of its attendance capacity for the foreseeable future. If we reach maximum capacity, we will allow new guests to enter as others leave. If guests leave the park and return later in the day, they may be required to wait outside the park for a time in order to meet these capacity limits. Pre-purchasing a day ticket through our website guarantees the ticket holder access into the park on the day for which their ticket was purchased. Cabanas will soon be available to purchase on our website as well; a group which has purchased a cabana will have their place in the park reserved for the day on which they purchased that cabana.
We are strongly encouraging all guests to conduct all transactions online this year in order to reduce wait time in lines and to help us maintain social distancing. Here are a few steps you can take to help us accomplish this:
- Purchase your season passes online to speed up processing upon your first visit and to experience the quickest entry possible into the park all summer long.
- Purchase Day Tickets online prior to your arrival. Buying in advance will allow you to enter the waterpark quicker and the earlier you buy your tickets, the more money you can save.
- Purchase and reserve your private cabana online before you visit. This will ensure availability as our cabanas our very popular and sell out quickly.
- Complete a waiver for each member of your group prior to arrival.
(Steps 1-4 may all be done on our website: www.gulfislandswaterpark.com)
- Once inside Gulf Islands Waterpark, use our new food and beverage website that allows you to place an order at any of our dining locations. Online ordering will allow you to avoid lines and simply pick up your prepared food and beverage order when ready.
As we strive to make Gulf Islands Waterpark a safe and healthy experience this summer, we are following the guidelines set forth by the Center for Disease Control to protect all while visiting. Some of our sanitation procedures include:
• Ensuring that all rides are clean and hygienic.
• Communicating and promoting the need to maintain social distancing guidelines.
• Promoting regular and thorough hand washing by Team Members, Contractors, and Guests.
• Installing sanitizer dispensers in prominent places around the waterpark to facilitate hand cleanliness.
• Promoting good respiratory hygiene in the workplace.
• Encouraging Guests and Team Members to stay home if they are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19, or have been in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, shown symptoms of the disease, or have themselves come into contact with an individual at risk or suspected of having contracted COVID-19.
• Educating all Team Members about disease prevention, preparedness and response.
Season Pass Holders
If you have purchased a 2020 season sass, you may go to Hurricane Cove inside the park to receive your season pass card. Purchase confirmation will be required upon arrival, either in a printed form, or in a confirmation email on your mobile device.
Due to the occupancy limits Gulf Islands Waterpark will be observing due to COVID-19, season pass holders will be able to reserve spots within the waterpark up to 3 days in advance.
If you have purchased a 2020 Season Pass and would like to roll it forward for a 2021 Season Pass instead, no action on your part is necessary. We will automatically change all unredeemed 2020 Season Passes to our 2021 waterpark season.
If you would prefer a refund please click here.
For all other questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org